If you’d like to lose some weight, you are no doubt aware of all the crazy diets and kooky surgeries available to you. They are large in number, and they are touted by marketers as being the cure for your weight loss woes. But, while modern weight loss methods are plentiful, the truth is that they only work for a small percentage of overweight people. The best advice for shedding pounds is still very basic. The following article shares some of the basics with you.Download Ebooks
- Eat less and move more. Gosh, that sounds simple. Well, that’s because it is. How much people weigh always has been and always will be a numbers game. To lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume. That’s just a fact.
- Eat meals at home the majority of the time. Eating out gives you no control over calorie count or proportions, unless you want to go the extra mile and give special instructions to the chef, which is a hassle in and of itself. If you work, pack a healthy, low-calorie lunch and eat that. That will not only save you a lot of calories, but it will save you the money you would have otherwise spent on that substandard lunch at the local eatery.
- Don’t sit around all day. Remember, you need to move. Sitting burns very few calories, and it’s hard on your circulation. Do some chores every day. You can burn calories and be productive at the same time by doing things like cleaning out the garage or pulling weeds in your garden. You’ll also get the sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a job well done.
- If you have kids, take them outside and play with them. If you don’t have kids, play with your dog. No dog? Take a walk by yourself. Every activity you do beyond your normal routine will burn extra calories. Even if it doesn’t seem like it because you’re enjoying yourself, engaging in an activity is going to burn calories.
- Start counting calories. Get yourself a good calorie book and use it. Research how many calories your favorite activities expend. One pound equals 3500 calories. If you don’t burn off that same 3500 calories in the same time it takes you to consume it, your body will store it as fat. Plan on consuming less calories than you’re expending, and you’ll start to lose weight.
- Slow down. That’s doesn’t mean stop moving; it means that you shouldn’t count on dropping weight quickly. The safest and most effective weight loss plan still includes a long-term goal that is reached with patient baby-steps. You’ll get there. If you shed your pounds slowly, you’re more likely to stay there too.
That’s the low down on losing weight the old-fashioned way. In these days of advanced technology and immediate gratification, it’s easy to forget what really works. Apply the basics and make them a lifestyle, and you’ll reach your goal when it’s time.